Monday, January 15, 2018

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle (2009) TV series

Creator: Stewart Lee

Writers: Stewart Lee, Sean Gray

Starring: Stewart Lee, Christopher Morris

More info: IMDb

Plot: A sketch comedy show within Lee's stand-up comedy routine where each show has its own theme.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

Fuckin' A is this show funny.  From the first minute I was sold.  I'd never even heard of Lee, which is a shame as I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy, and I'm almost instantly hooked on this guy's delivery.  He's hilarious.  Not only are a lot of his stand-up bits on the show funny but the sketches in between them are also good.  I had a blast burning through the six episodes in season one.  Unfortunately that's all I had.  I was pleased to see that there are three more seasons with a total of 18 episodes.  Now all I need to do is find them.  It's so refreshing when I discover a new voice in comedy like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment