Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Clone High (2002) TV series

Creators: Bill Lawrence, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller

Composers: Jamie Dunlap, Scott Nickoley

Starring: Will Forte, Phil Lord, Michael McDonald, Christa Miller, Christopher Miller, Nicole Sullivan, Donald Faison, Neil Flynn, Andy Dick, Murray Miller

More info: IMDb

Plot: The greatest minds of the world have been cloned, and are now attending high school together.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

I caught bits and pieces of this when it originally aired and I always meant to watch the short lived series from star to finish.  Now that I've done it I can move on with my life.  The concept is brilliant but the execution is spotty.  The voice actors are great and I dig many of the characters.  Even though they occasionally bring in a famous historical figure, they don't last long and they're often just there for a quick laugh and move on.  Mining the endless possibilities would have been nice.  Gandhi is my favorite.  He's hilarious.  Lincoln, not so much.  He was the exact opposite of Gandhi.  Where Gandhi was a wild card and fully of zest, Lincoln was the angsty teenager who had one thing on his mind and that's being in love with Cleopatra.  He was very predictable.  Most of the characters were predictable but not Gandhi.  I rarely laughed at anything relating to Principal Scudworth and all of his B-stories.  That was a waste.  The last of the thirteen episodes ends as if it might but won't return.  I'd love to rate this higher but even though there are some incredibly funny bits throughout the thirteen episodes, there's also a lot more that's not funny but rather loud and obnoxious in the attempt at getting a laugh.  It's hit and miss but when it hits, it's hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment