Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Mummy's Ghost (1944)



Director: Reginald Le Borg

Starring: John Carradine, Lon Chaney Jr., Robert Lowery, Ramsay Ames, Barton MacLane, George Zucco, Frank Reicher

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Nameless! Fleshless! Deathless!

Plot: An Egyptian high priest travels to America to reclaim the bodies of ancient Egyptian princess Ananka and her living guardian mummy Kharis. Learning that Ananka^Òs spirit has been reincarnated into another body, he kidnaps a young woman of Egyptian descent with a mysterious resemblance to the princess. However, the high priest^Òs greedy desires cause him to loose control of the mummy...

My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? I can't justify it any longer.

Well, it seems you can't keep a good Mummy down, or at least you can't keep him down long enough to make a decent picture. At this point in the series I just don't care. They're not horrible but they're not really trying to do much with the character. It's the same rehash as before. I wish they'd stop trying to link these movies together and make a good flick with some good Mummy killing action, some groovy Egyptian-sounding music and locales. Again, Chaney brings little-to-nothing to the role of the Mummy. He's just a puppet manipulated by someone else. Gee, if they'd only put a brain in the creature for once...or in the writers. This series is getting tired. Having said all of that...THE BLEAK AS HELL ENDING IS THE BEST SO FAR! I can't believe they went there. I'm beside myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment