Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Mummy's Curse (1944)




Director: Leslie Goodwins

Starring: Lon Chaney Jr., Peter Cole, Virginia Christine, Kay Harding, Dennis Moore, Martin Kosleck, Jurt Katch, Addison Richards

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Egypt's ancient loves live again in evil!

Plot: An irrigation project in the rural bayous of Louisiana unearths Kharis the living mummy (Lon Chaney Jr.), who was buried in quicksand 25 years earlier.



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? Nope.

Sigh. I'm so glad this is over. This is the 5th and final official Mummy franchise movie from Universal. It's about on par with the previous sequels. I've got nothing to say that hasn't been said in those. I'd swear I heard the Mummy mumble something about needing whiskey. This might have satisfied 6 year old boys in 1944 but it's not doing anything for me. This train has left the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment