Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Iron Sky (2012)

Director: Timo Vuorensola

Writers: Timo Vuorensola, Johanna Sinisalo, Jarmo Puskala, Michael Kalesnkio

Composer: Laibach

Starring: Julia Dietze, Christopher Kirby, Gotz Otto, Udo Kier, Peta Sergeant, Stephanie Paul, Tilo Pruckner, Michael Cullen, Kym Jackson

More info: IMDb

Tagline: In 1945 The Nazis Went To The Moon.  In 2018 They Are Coming Back.

Plot: In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

"I think you know what I'm talking about, ladies and gentlemen.  That's right...mother fucking space Nazis!"

I fucking love that line from the trailer.  I can't remember how long ago I first saw the trailer that whetted my appetite for this flick but it was a few years ago.  I finally saw this last year (I'm a little behind here) and while it's not as fun as the spectacular trailer, it was good and it's got a lot of things going for it.  The art design and look of the film is incredible.  The special effects are simply grand.  I love this little world they've created.  Some of the gags work and some don't.  Unfortunately there are some slow spots that need something extra or need to be tightened up a bit.  The ending was surprising serious and kind of depressing.  I'll give this one another shot one day.  It's a fun ride when you're looking for something different.


No comments:

Post a Comment