Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wanda Sykes: Sick and Tired (2006)

Director: Michael Drumm

Writer: Wanda Sykes

Composer: ???

Starring: Wanda Sykes

More info: IMDb

Plot: Wanda Sykes has been called "one of the funniest stand up comics" by her peers and ranks among Entertainment Weekly's 25 Funniest People in America. She won an Emmy in 2003 for her work on Inside the NFL and was showcased for 5 years on HBO's The Chis Rock Show and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Now catch her hilarious stand up skills in this side-splitting program where she serves up comic truth and turns common sense into thought-provoking humor.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I laughed.  A lot.  Her bit on detachable pussy was hilarious.  It's an opposite riff on a Sam Kinison bit but it's still funny.  She takes an idea and runs with it, seemingly exhausting it.  The titties routine had me laughing out loud.  I've got another of her DVDs that I'll have to slap in sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment