Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Robin Williams: Live on Broadway (2002)

Directors: Marty Callner, Bill Crooks

Writer: Robin Williams

Composer: ???

Starring: Robin Williams

More info: IMDb

Plot:  Robin Williams brings his frantic pace to the big stage to sermonize on religion, breast implants, anthrax and everything in between.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I guess it's Williams' film work that has led me to believe that he lost the funny a long time ago.  I was wrong.  This concert film is 90 minutes of fucking funny. I laughed repeatedly and I was pleasantly surprised that he had a staggering amount of good material that lasted that long.  His topics were all over the place.  I admire his energy; it's exhausting.  I have more of his concert DVDs and I shouldn't be so reluctant now to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment