Monday, January 23, 2012

Superbad (2007)


Director: Greg Mottola

Starring: Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Bill Hader, Seth Rogen, Martha Maclsaac, Emma Stone

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Come and Get Some

Plot: Seth, Evan and Fogell are three teenage guys who love to drink and desperately wish to get laid. When a girl that Seth really likes, asks him to get the drink for her party, he sees this as a perfect opportunity to make her his girlfriend. The trio plan out how to get the alcohol, even including Fogell's new fake ID, but things won't got smoothly for the trio. Seth and Evan become separated from Fogell (now called McLovin) and they still haven't got the alcohol for the party that night.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Sure.

I just discover some movies I forgot to write about that I saw about 3 years ago. My memory is hazy on this one so it's going to be short. I liked it. It was funny enough to keep me engaged and the pacing was brisk. There were some good, hearty laughs and lots of heart, especially in the final minutes of the film. It got to me and that's the big payoff. I'm looking forward to seeing it again someday to see how it holds up. It's one of the better modern teen comedies to come out in a long time. I usually hate them (if I ever watch them to begin with) but this one's A-OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment