Monday, January 23, 2012

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006)




Director: Lloyd Kaufman

Starring: Jason Yachanin, Kate Graham, Allyson Sereboff, Robin L. Watkins, Joshua Olatunde, Caleb Emerson, Rose Ghavami, Khalid Rivera, Joe Fleishaker, Lloyd Kaufman, Ron Jeremy

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Humans... the other white meat... Unless you're black, then it's dark meat... Or if you are Asian, then it's yellow meat... Or if you are Native American, it's red meat...

Plot: When the American Chicken Bunker, a military-themed fried-chicken chain, builds a restaurant on the site of an ancient Indian burial ground, local protesters aren't the only ones crying fowl! The previous tenants, fueled by a supernatural force, take "possession" of the food and those who eat it, and the survivors discover that they must band together before they themselves become the other white meat! Film lovers have been starved for sustenance. The relentless diet of predictability and pretense Hollywood has been serving up just doesn't cut it. Poultrygeist is hearty food for thought. In Poultrygeist, Troma takes on the the fast-food industry-skewering the soulless restaurateurs-in the world's first horror-comedy film to feature zombie chickens, American Indians and a bit of singing and dancing! It's Poultrygeist!



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? No. No. No.

I think I'm done with Troma movies. POULTRYGEIST has some genuinely funny and outrageous bits and they're not afraid to say and do things that most people will find offensive. I respect that. BUT, do they have to be so damn loud and obnoxious? That's my biggest problem with this picture is there's too much sound and noise. I felt like my ears were being assaulted. I can handle just about anything thrown my way but this is ridiculous. The script, songs and such weren't that bad and had moments of laugh out loud funny but gee whiz, fellas, did the accompanying barrage of sound have to be cranked up to 11? This would be a great movie to throw on at a frat party where the party noise might just drown out what Troma cooked up. I do love their willingness to say and do anything they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment