Thursday, January 5, 2012

Head (1968)


Director: Bob Rafelson

Starring: The Monkeys, Annette Funicello, Timothy Carey, Sonny Liston, Frank Zappa, Teri Garr, Victor Mature, Toni Basil

More info: IMDb

Tagline: What is HEAD all about? Only John Brockman's shrink knows for sure!

Plot: A plot-less collection of various musical encounters and adventures by the famous rock band "The Monkees" which follows Davy, Peter, Mike and Mickey as they travel through an assortment of places in search of meaning.


My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.

#319 on Drive-In Delirium Volume 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

It's been over 20 years since I saw anything of their TV show from the 60s but this feels like a longer big screen version of that but a little more adult. It's always nice seeing the scrummy Teri Garr and there are a few celebrities to spot if you don't blink (Jack Nicholson (who co-wrote this with the director) and Dennis Hopper for starters). I liked a lot of the songs but all they did was make me want to watch any of the movies The Beatles made (that's going to happen tonight). There's not much of a plot and that's OK because as long as what's there is entertaining, that's what counts. I'm glad I finally got around to seeing it but I'll never need to go there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment