Sunday, October 8, 2017

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)

Director: Kim Henkel

Writer: Kim Henkel

Composers: Wayne Bell, Robert Jacks

Starring: Renee Zellweger, Matthew McConaughey, Robert Jacks, Tonie Perensky, Joe Stevens, Lisa Marie Newmyer, John Harrison, Tyler Shea Cone, James Gale

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The American legend returns, to bring you back to the cutting edge of terror.

Plot: A group of teenagers get into a car crash in the Texas woods on prom night, and then wander into an old farmhouse that is home to Leatherface and his insane family of cannibalistic psychopaths.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

After the disappointment I found with THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986) (I haven't seen 3 yet), I was ready for the worst.  Maybe that helped because I like this one.  It's fun.  I like the mix of horror and black comedy.  McConaughey was a blast.  He can pour on the Southern charm one minute and throw down mean and menacing the next.  The ending was so-so but I dug how it looked like it was going the same route as the first film but it kept on going a few minutes more.  The Sony DVD is anamorphic widescreen on one side and fullscreen on the other.  There are no extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment