Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Very Worst Gore Movies (2004)

Director: ?

Writer: ?

Composer: ?

Starring: Nick Frost, Wes Craven, Marilyn Burns, Michael Berryman, Herschell Gordon Lewis, Joe Bob Briggs, Emily Booth

More info: ?

Plot: A collection of films so full of gory but-munching and dismemberment they have been banned across the world.

My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

This is one of those compilation clip shows but there's a difference.  It was made for British TV, it's got some great people from the horror industry talking about the films and the clips are gory and peppered with nudity.   The problem is that it's yet another clips show.  Another problem is the title.  These aren't the worst of the gory movies but some of the best.  I know what they mean by it but it bugs me.  The clips are fun and it's neat seeing people talk about their pictures like Craven, Lewis and all and I never get tired of hearing Joe Bob Briggs talk about the pictures.  The films covered include THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, THE HILLS HAVE EYES, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE EVIL DEAD, I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, ZOMBI, CANNIBAL FEROX, BLOOD FEAST and THE STORY OF RICKY-O.   I'm finding that I enjoy this type of video less and less because not only have I seen them all (and a few of them many times), I also know a lot of the trivia the people throw out so I'm not learning anything.  For 45 minutes, there's a lot packed in here and it's definitely worth the horror fan's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment