Sunday, August 5, 2012

Child's Play 4: Bride of Chucky (1998)


Director: Ronny Yu

Starring: Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly, Katherine Heigl, Nick Stabile, Alexis Arquette, Gordon Michael Woolvett, John Ritter, Lawrence Dane

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Chucky Gets Lucky.

Plot: Sorry Jack! Chucky's back! In this horror flick, the murderous serial killer, Charles Lee Ray, has his body parts being held at a criminal evidence station in the form of a small doll known as the famous Chucky. When his old-time sweet heart, Tiffany, picks up his remaining limbs and puts them back together, she performs a ritual that revives the murderous maniac. But Chucky decides that he wants another individual to help him with his dirty work. So he kills Tiffany, and then revives her as a "doll bride". When they decide to spend their honeymoon with another happy couple on the highway, it becomes another murder spree. With a "blood-bath on wheels" and two murderous dolls, the human couples find that this was going to be a "Highway To Hell" in this gruesome film of blood and gore and a little bit of Chucky & Tiffany.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? To quote the Koolaid Man...OH, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT! I just watched the best movie of the franchise that easily beats the first flick. This was a total hoot from start to finish. I can see just watching this movie whenever I'm ready to revisit Chucky. For starters, it's got Jennifer Tilly who is on my short list of women who need to have my babies. That voice and that body! O...M...F...G! This had to be the height of her sultry, sexy best.


The opening credits fill us in with what's been going on under the awesomely appropriate Rob Zombie song, "Living Dead Girl". I could tell at this point that this was going to be something special. I'm not even 10 minutes in and I've already got a woody for this flick.


What's this? John Ritter plays a corrupt cop who ends up being a real dickhead to his daughter and everybody else? Hell, YEAH! I just love the interplay between Tiffany and Chucky. The dialogue, gags, situations, kills - the works. It's hilarious and I'm in disbelief that it's this good. The stuff between the two teen love birds thinking the other is the killer is priceless. Then there are the awesome kills! The only thing I really didn't dig was the exhumation at the end. That part didn't make any sense except to give Chucky a deadline to get what he needs to be a man again. I can forgive it though because the rest of the film is just so fucking fun and hilarious. If you haven't seen this franchise, start from the beginning and know, as you're watching films 2 & 3, that you will get kicked in the nuts with all kinds of awesomeness when you get to BRIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment