Sunday, August 19, 2012

Transporter 2 (2005)




Director: Louis Leterrier

Starring: Jason Statham, Alessandro Gassman, Amber Valletta, Kate Nauta, Matthew Modine, Jason Flemyng, Keith Dabid

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Best In The Business Is Back In The Game.

Plot: Mercenary Frank Martin, who specializes moving goods of all kinds, surfaces again this time in Miami, Florida when he's implicated in the kidnapping of the young son of a powerful USA official.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah, and it's fun enough for me to give the first film another shot.

The first film was a mixed bag for me. I've seen it twice already and both times I felt like it wanted to be taken seriously for a while and then it nukes the fridge and turns into a cartoon. This sequel knows what it wants to be from start to finish, an outrageous and ridiculous roller coaster ride of an action movie and it excels at it. I really like this one so much so that I might not watch the first film again and just start with #2. Statham plays the same type of guy he plays in just about every movie and I love him for it. He's one of the few manly guys in action movies these days. He's no Bronson, Marvin, Coburn, Shaw or Holden but he's probably the closest we've got.


I like the relationship Statham's Transporter has with the police guy. It's fun and playful. The fights are fun as hell, too. I loved the scene with the fire house. It was just one cool-ass move after another. It was like a Jackie Chan scene but with more balls and pain, and I loves me some Jackie Chan. I can't wait to see the third movie. What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment