Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cilali ibo avrupa'da (1970)




Director: Osman F. Seden

Starring: Feridun Karakaya, Serpil Gul

More info: IMDb

Plot: Beats me. Something about Hitler having a double or two and mistaken identities.



My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? No.



I stumbled across this recently along with two other Turkish entries into the Nazisploitation genre. It didn't matter that there were no English options. I'll take a chance on what looks insanely fun if I can't understand the language. Come on, it's a Nazisploitation flick made by the wacky Turks for fuck's sake! How bad can it be? Oh, wait, I've never seen a good flick come of of Turkey. Ah, who cares. It's still a Nazisploitation flick from 1970, right? Nope. It's just a comedy with Nazis and a little nudity. I'll keep it on the list anyway.


It's too bad this didn't have English subtitles but at least it was just under an hour long. It's a silly slapstick comedy with the seemingly funny Feridun Karakaya as Hitler (in modern times) and at least one of his doppelgangers. There's plenty of comedic mistaken identity shit and not much in the way of exploitation. I was really getting discouraged 'cause I knew I was misled by the poster but that all changed about 20 minutes from the end. Halfway through the picture we're at this club where there's lots of booze and attractive women dancing exotically. This one girl, in 60s go-go fashion, strips and the instant she turns around to show her Turkish ta-tas there's a hard edit to a reaction shot of some men, one that you could tell was edited. I felt robbed. It's bad enough I don't understand the language but they should have at least thrown me some kind of bone for lasting this long through the picture.




But wait! Minutes later we get another stripper and this time there's no drastic cuts!



Then there's a string of girls pulled in to interrogate one of the doubles!








THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!



There's not really much else worth mentioning except the hero gets the girl and flies over the city, seemingly propelled by his ass judging by the exhaust.


If it weren't for the nudity, this picture wouldn't qualify to be a Nazisploitation flick. Even with it, I'd say it's barely worth mentioning. But if you're so inclined to waste 58 minutes of your life...knock yourself out. The entire film can be seen here...

No comments:

Post a Comment