Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stand-Up Comedy Month - May 2012

I've been in love with stand-up comedy for decades. I started collection comedy records since the Ford administration!!! I've always been drawn to it. It looks like fun and I've always wanted to try it someday to the point of keeping a file folder of jokes, bits and things that I come up with that make me laugh. I've been working on that folder for more than 20 years and I tell myself that someday I'm just going to put together a few minutes of material and get out there and try it. I'm sure I'll fall flat on my face but that's OK. At least I will have at least tried it.

I recently bought a couple of large DVD collections that included a shitload of stand-up comedy DVDs, most of which I've never heard of. I'm going to attempt to watch them all. There are close to 40!!!! Fortunately they're short so there's hope that I can make it through to the last one and just maybe I'll find a few that are good enough to find a home in my permanent collection. I'm very picky when it comes to comedians so it'll be interesting to see how this experiment goes.

01) Eddie Murphy - Delirious (1983) (7/10)
02)
03)
04)
05)
06)
07)
08)
09)
10)

No comments:

Post a Comment