Thursday, August 18, 2011

Charles Bronson: Brute Force (2002)


Starring: Charles "Badass" Bronson

More info: IMDb

Plot: A&E's TV episode of BIOGRAPHY focusing on the life of Charles Bronson.

My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Nah. I'm going to watch his movies.

Charles Bronson was not born; he escaped. He grew up in Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania, one of 14 children born to poor Lithuanian immigrant parents. He worked in the coal mines. He made the choice to go to high school (the first in his family to graduate). He was drafted into the Army and flew 22 missions as a tailgunner. After the war he used the G.I. bill to go to art school as a painter! It was there he dabbled in acting and the rest is history. From those rough beginnings he became one of the most badass actors OF...ALL...TIME! I've always liked Bronson but it was probably around 15 years ago that he catapulted to my top favorites. He's my dad's favorite, too. I used to think Bronson was just a tough meathead of an actor but the more I saw, the more I realized he was really good and it was foolish to dismiss him as the one-note DEATH WISH guy. He also stayed out of the limelight and not play the Hollywood game. I respect that...a lot. OK, now it's on. I just talked myself into starting another project; Project: Badass Charles Bronson.

No comments:

Post a Comment