Sunday, August 21, 2011

Abigail Lesley Is Back in Town (1975)


Director: Joseph W. Sarno

Starring: Jennifer Jordan, Rebecca Brooke, Eric Edwards, Jamie Gillis, Chris Jordan, Jennifer Welles

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Bad Girl Who Was REAL Good...

Plot: Abigail Leslie has been away for years but has now returned to the small town of Baypoint, where her sexual appetite made her infamous. Abigail is a woman who is serious about her carnal pursuits, and upon her return she immediately re-establishes her pursuit of the flesh of a lonely tomboy (Jordan) who has a longing for her brother (Edwards), a repressed housewife (Sorel) who harbors a hidden love of the ladies, and a troubled husband and wife (Gillis and Brooke), Abigail having seduced the husband prior to her departure years earlier. Through a series of erotic encounters, all of which are instigated by Abigail Leslie, all the characters in the story find sexual healing and some degree of happiness, and some just have a plain old good time.




My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? No...please no.

Nearly all of the movies I watch I do so on my TV. Sometimes there are titles that are likely to be throwaways that I end up watching on my computer (I have two monitor setup which makes it easy to watch something while working). There are certain movies that don't require your strictest attention and this is one of them. Even though I peripherally watched it, it bored the piss out of me. It's a soap opera type drama with lots of softcore sex scenes. All of the women fuck the men and each other. There you have it. The acting is so-so and the story is simply there for a reason to get naked bodies on the screen. By the reviews on IMDb you'd think this was a masterpiece. I don't get it. I just don't get it. I guess this just isn't my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment