Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


Director: George Lucas

Starring: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: The Adventure Continues...

Plot Outline: While Luke takes advanced Jedi training from Yoda, his friends are relentlessly pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke.

My Rating: 10/10

Would I watch it again? Duh?


View Trailer:



How do you make a STAR WARS sequel better? You add lots of character development thereby creating an emotional investment, take us to new worlds and give the supreme badass from the first one (Vader) a superior who's an even bigger badass. They did it in spades for this one.

"What happens on Hoth STAYS on Hoth"

This film is perfect. The special edition version I'm even happy with except I think the additional Wampa stuff is unnecessary. I was 11 when this came out and, to this day as I did back then, I get all choked up when Han is being tortured and later when he's frozen in carbonite. That's right, I'm a total nerd. I can handle it. Bring it on. Even though I list STAR WARS as my number 2 favorite movie to EMPIRE'S number 3 it's only because STAR WARS came first. EMPIRE is the better film. It's mature, serious and perilous. And how about that amazing cliffhanger that we had to wait three years for? Torture. Pure torture for this then 11-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment