Thursday, June 19, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)


Director: Steven Spielberg

Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Have the adventure of your life keeping up with the Joneses

Plot: When Dr. Henry Jones Sr. suddenly goes missing while pursuing the Holy Grail, eminent archaeologist Indiana Jones must follow in his father's footsteps and stop the Nazis.



My Rating: 8/10

Would I watch it again? Duh

Until recently I had kind of hated much of this one. It was my least favorite Indy movie (until CRYSTAL SKULL came out). But now that I've watched it after TEMPLE OF DOOM I like this one better than DOOM. The opening is outstanding. The whole young Indy bit was great. Lots of fun. I LOVE the relationship between Indy and his father. Connery's great. I'm even sort of OK with the similarities it has with RAIDERS. What I'm not OK with is how they turned Sallah and especially Marcus into childish buffoons. WTF? Inexcusable in my book. That facet alone has clouded my enjoyment of it. As I was watching it this time I was thinking of edits that could be made that would make it easier to watch. I've got better things to do and none of them will EVER include IJATKSkull.

No comments:

Post a Comment