Saturday, August 19, 2017

Under Siege (1992)

Director: Andrew Davis

Writer: J.F. Lawton

Composer: Gary Chang

Starring: Steven Seagal, Tommy Lee Jones, Gary Busey, Erika Eleniak, Andy Romano, Colm Meaney, Damian Chapa, David McKnight, J.F. Lawton, Lee Hinton, Patrick O'Neal, Troy Evans, Bernie Casey, Dale Dye

More info: IMDb

Tagline: It's not a job...It's an Adventure!

Plot: A Navy cook is the only person who can stop a group of terrorists when they seize control of a U.S. battleship.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again?  Maybe.

I first saw this in the theater and I didn't go because of Steven Seagal.  I think I'd only seen one or two of his pictures at that point and I wasn't all that impressed but I was a big fan already of Tommy Lee Jones.  I really dig Seagal in this flick.  He's fun and does well with the action.  It probably worked to his benefit to be confined to a battleship.  Jones is a blast and really sold the aging rocker bit, looking every bit the part.  There's a good deal of fight action and even a little bit of nudity (man, that Erika Eleniak is smokin' in this picture!)  The Warner Bros. DVD set of 4 Film Favorites Steven Seagal Collection presents this film and its only extra, the theatrical trailer, in anamorphic widescreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment