Friday, January 22, 2016

Chris Tucker Live (2015)

Director: Phil Joanou

Starring: Chris Tucker

More info: IMDb

Plot: In this Netflix special, Chris Tucker returns to the stage he loves and showcases his mind-blowing comedic chops as he shares his experiences from childhood to the big time.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

I didn't laugh once until the last twenty minutes when he did his Bill Clinton impression and bit.  He sounded a lot like the former President but it didn't take long before it leaned more toward Barney Fife and then we're back to not being funny.  Something else that was surprising were the jarring moments of when the show was clearly edited to cut out a bit and the sudden applause or laughter was used to cover up the awkward edit.  I've sometimes like Tucker in the few films he's done and this is the first time I've ever seen his stand up.  If this is any indication of what he's capable of on stage, I don't need to see anything else he's done.  Is this the best he's got or is there another stand up special that brings the funny?  I'm not going to waste my time searching for it.  This was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment