Friday, November 17, 2017

The Hunt for Gollum (2009)

Director: Chris Bouchard

Writer: Chris Bouchard

Composers: Adam Langston, Andrew Skrabutenas, Chris Bouchard

Starring: Adrian Webster, Arin Alldridge, Patrick O'Connor, Rita Ramnani, Gareth Brough, Jason Perino, Christopher Dingli, Matthew Cunningham, Max Bracey, Dan Styles

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Not all who wander are lost...

Plot: Strider must hunt down Gollum to keep the Ring secret.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

Technically, this is very impressive.  From the score to the acting, makeup effects, editing, fight choreography and so on.   Story-wise, it does what it set out to do.  I could be completely wrong about this but this seems to be at odds with the LOTR Jackson pictures.  I wasn't sure exactly when this fit in but then I'm not so deep into the books and whatnot that I can challenge superfans to a duel.  I've seen the movies many times but that doesn't qualify me for much of anything.  Anyway, this is a remarkably well made fan film that shouldn't be avoided by fans of the Jackson films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment