Thursday, June 23, 2016

Daughter of the Jungle (1982)

Original title: Incontro Nell'ultimo Paradiso

Director: Umberto Lenzi

Writers: Marina Garroni, Giovanni Lombardo Radice

Composers: Roberto Donati, Fiamma Maglione

Starring: Sabrina Siani, Rodolfo Bigotti, Renato Miracco, Mario Pedone, Wai Laung, Salvatore Borghese, Claudio Miraco

More info: IMDb

Plot: Ringo and Butch gets into trouble while on their vacation in South America. But well in the jungle they get captured by natives. Soon they realize that they ain't the only white people there, as the sexy jungle woman Luana and a gang of thieves are present.



My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

OMG this is awful.  It's Italian jungle trash.  There's very little to like.  Siani makes for a lovely she-Tarzan, and like Tarzan she gets topless.  Goody.  The opening is pretty funny with a seaside village, complete with straw huts.  The locals are riding mopeds in the sand, playing, watching a Western on their TV and living it up with modern conveniences until the busload of tourists arrive.  They scatter quickly to ditch the modern stuff and get their tribe gear together.  Then we get to meet Butch and Ringo, two of the most annoying humans ever filmed. No joke.  Nearly all of the English dub is atrocious.  I was hoping maybe it was just the dubbing but two things happened.  First, these two clowns and the bad guys are over acting their Italian asses off.  Then after it was over I found the entire movie on YouTube in Italian and the bits I briefly watched were almost as bad as what I saw.  This is supposed to be a comedy and I can see that but it's painfully unfunny and irritating.  If the acting weren't so bad I'd probably give it a couple more points.  The more I think about it, I should've gone lower but Lenzi can shoot a professional looking film and this does have the look that those who made it had the skills.  I'm not one to not finish a movie so it was hard for me to continue after fifteen minutes.  We'd all like to change something about ourselves.  At least the print I saw was in anamorphic widescreen but that's hardly a consolation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment