Thursday, October 15, 2015

Wind Chill (2007)

Director: Gregory Jacobs

Writers: Joe Gangemi, Steven Katz

Composer: Clint Mansell

Starring: Emily Blunt, Ashton Holmes, Martin Donovan, Ned Bellamy, Ian A. Wallace, Donny James Lucas

More info: IMDb

Tagline: There Are Worse Things Than Dying

Plot: Two college students share a ride home for the holidays, but when they break down on a deserted stretch of road, they are preyed upon by the ghosts of people who have died there.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again?  No

When I saw that Steven Katz, the guy who wrote the incredible SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE (2000), also wrote this picture, I just had to see it.  VAMPIRE is still his best work by a long shot.  I liked the atmosphere a lot.  Mansell's score and the snowy isolated location work really well to create a sense of dread.  Most of the film is in the crashed car location (inside and out).  I liked that but the film starts to get tedious and even once the ghosts start showing up, it only helps a little but it takes a while to get to the end which just kind of sits there.  It's not a bad picture but the pacing and lack of devotion to the characters (on my part) didn't help.  The Tri Star DVD has a nice anamorphic widescreen image and the extras include a commentary track, an 18 minute making of featurette, and 12 trailers (none for this film).

No comments:

Post a Comment