Thursday, April 4, 2013

War (2007)

Director: Philip G. Atwell

Starring: Jet Li, Jason Statham, John Lone, Devon Aoki, Luis Guzman, Laul Rubinek, Ryo Ishibashi, Sung Kang, Mathew St. Patrick, Nadine Velazquez

More info: IMDb

Tagline: One wants justice, the other wants revenge.

Plot: After his partner Tom Lone and family are killed apparently by the infamous and elusive assassin Rogue, FBI agent Jack Crawford becomes obsessed with revenge as his world unravels into a vortex of guilt and betrayal. Rogue eventually resurfaces to settle a score of his own, setting off a bloody crime war between Asian mob rivals Chang of the Triad's and Yakuza boss Shiro. When Jack and Rogue finally come face to face, the ultimate truth of their pasts will be revealed.


My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? No.


Wow.  I think this might be the first Jason Statham movie I've seen that I definitely won't watch again.  Statham is being Statham and that's fine with me.  Li, though, is rather dull and the cat-and-mouse game between the two didn't grab my attention.  I was bored.  It didn't help that the movie gets close enough to two hours to make it painful to finish.  Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment