Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Untouchables (1987)

Director: Brian De Palma

Starring: Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Charles Martin Smith, Andy Garcia, Robert De Niro, Richard Bradford, Jack Kehoe, Brad Sullivan, Billy Drago, Patricia Clarkson

More info: IMDb

Tagline: AL CAPONE. He ruled Chicago with absolute power. No one could touch him. No one could stop him. - Until Eliot Ness and a small force of men swore they'd bring him down.

Plot: Federal Agent Eliot Ness assembles a team of uncorruptable cops to take down Chicago's number one crime boss, Al Capone.



My rating: 10/10

Will I watch it again? YES!!!

I'm a sucker for 20s/30s era gangster pictures.  I caught this one in the theater on it's initial release and about had an orgasm.  It's one of those rare 'punch the air' films for me.  I get all riled up and filled with "FUCK YEAH!"s.  I know the film makers dicked around with the story and there's a lot of things that didn't happen the way they portrayed it, a huge one being the exit of Frank Nitti.  But all of that doesn't matter because it's one hell of an entertaining movie.  I love it.  The look, cinematography, EXCELLENT score by Ennio Morricone, performances (LOVE that Connery), it all works beautifully.  The scene with the little girl and the briefcase STILL gets me and I've seen this picture a couple dozen times.  This is one of my go-to feel good pictures that never gets old and always puts a huge smile on my face.  Oh, and that baseball bat scene...ooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment