Thursday, April 18, 2013

Katt Williams: Pimpadelic (2009)

Starring: Katt Williams

More info: IMDb

Plot: Comedian Katt Williams talks intimately about his family, career, god, his future and the state of the comedy business.


My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again?  Nah, I'll get the CD instead.

Surprisingly, I'd never heard of Katt Williams until I watched this.  He's very funny.  It's not all gold but his bit talking to his kid about how to be a pimp, explaining that he can have an XBOX but instead he could have a NES with a bunch of games is hilarious.  Hilarious.  What I didn't like about this DVD is that his standup is interrupted with Katt riding in a car through his old neighborhood talking about this and that.  It wasn't all that interesting but it would have better served the production if they had added that as an extra instead of breaking up his routine.  It's jarring and it keeps it from being fully enjoyable.  I am excited now to check out his other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment