Sunday, December 30, 2012

MoH 201: The Damned Thing (2006)

Director: Tobe Hooper

Starring: Sean Patrick Flanery, Marisa Coughlan, Brendan Fletcher, Alex Ferris, Brent Stait, Georgia Craig

More info: IMDb


Plot: The Damned Thing is the apocalyptic tale of a monstrous force that devastates Sheriff Kevin Reddle's family and his small Texas town. Sheriff Reddle thinks there is a connection between this mysterious, invisible force which made his father kill his mother back in 1981, and he sets out to uncover and stop the so-called "Damned Thing" before it decimates his whole town by forcing the residents to kill each other and themselves. 





My rating:  6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.  Once was fine.

It's funny that this episode was the first thing I watched after returning from Fandomfest in Louisville, KY back in June.  Why?  Because Sean Patrick Flannery was at that con and he stopped by my booth (I sold some cool-ass shit, btw) and chatted with my friend that was helping me work the con.  Flannery was there with his BOONDOCK SAINTS (1999) co-star, David Della Rocco, signing autographs.  They're both really cool, down to Earth guys that love their fans.





This episode isn't too shabby. I like the empending since of doom, not knowing exactly how it's going to go down but getting an idea or two.  But what really sells it is the finale.  It ain't pretty.  I love bleak shit like this.  I could do without the shaky cam crap but I can't get over the ending.  You get the idea that there's either more to the original story or less.  It's a pretty simple plot but Hooper does a pretty good job sustaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment