Thursday, May 3, 2018

Robert "Willy" Pickton (The pig farm killer)

Director: ???

Writers:Christie Elwin, Jane Petrof

Composer: ???

Starring: David Riley

More info: ???

Plot: This British TV documentary covers the life and crimes of Canada's most prolific serial killer, Robert "Willy" Pickton.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

This 45 minute British TV documentary is on YouTube and I can't find any information outside of the credits at the end of the program.  It shows that it was produced for Bio. The Biography Channel in 2009 but since A&E is American and this program is British, A&E most likely bought this for their channel.  Anyway, it's British and making cracker jack compelling TV documentaries about serial killers is what they do.  I've seen a lot of them and rarely have I come across one that wasn't concise, loaded with information, well-paced and compelling as shit.  This is no exception.  After watching THE PIG FARM (2011) I found this 43 minute gem on YouTube and watched it immediately after and it's a much better made film.  Sure, the production is much more dramatic and urgent but that helps ramp up the horror.  I also learned some stuff from this one that I didn't from THE PIG FARM and the latter is twice the length this one is.  I would recommend watching this shorter documentary first and then moving onto THE PIG FARM to get more out of it.  It's not a contest but this doc is more compelling, interesting and entertaining.  I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment