Monday, May 7, 2018

Ban the Sadist Videos! (2005) Parts 1 & 2

Director: David Gregory

Writer: David Gregory

Composer: Mark Raskin

Starring: Chris Theobald, Jesus Franco, Wes Craven, Ruggero Deodato, Dario Argento

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Likely to deprave and corrupt!

Plot: Part one presents an in-depth analysis of the "Video Nasty" scandal of the early 1980s in Britain and part two presents an investigation of UK video censorship after the video recordings act was introduced.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again?  Probably not.

I've seen a few documentaries about England's "Video Nasties" and this one is the best...and last one that I'll see.  I think I'm done with this topic but I'm not done watching the funner'n'hell movies that are on the list.  It's a well produced film that not only covers the origins, as you would expect, as well as the massive controversy surrounding it and the subsequent arrests, trials and even murders attributed to watching these films, it also covers the aftermath and brings us up to date to the time this was made.  It's interesting and horrifying how bullshit coming from these prudish, ill informed and power hungry censorship assholes could get away with so much.  It's amazing what ignorant people will do when frightened by something they know little to nothing about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment