Monday, September 5, 2016

Just for Laughs Stand Up vol. 2: On the Edge (2002)

Director: Ron Meraska

Starring: Mitch Hedberg, Dave Attell, Dane Cook, Lewis Black, Greg Girldo, Maria Bamford, Harland Williams, Jim Breuer, Sean Cullen, Mitch Fatel

More info :IMDb

Tagline: Warning: Dangerously Funny!

Plot: Stand up comedians do their stand up thing.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Nah.

This 86 minute DVD features all of the above stand up comedians performing 1-2 short bursts (about 5-6 minutes each time) of their routines.  If you're fans of any then you'll at least dig them.  I liked most of them although it was weird watching Dave Attell (one of my favorites) kill in one set and die in the other.  Because they are so many comedians and they don't get much time, if you don't like one then wait 5 minutes for the next.  That's all fine, I suppose, but I'd rather watch an hour of each of my favorites instead.  The Image DVD is presented in fullscreen with a few brief extras including backstage footage (5 minutes), 2005 interviews with Harland Williams (3 minutes) and Lewis Black (less than 2 minutes) and a look at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival (7 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment