Sunday, July 18, 2010

Inception (2010)


Director: Christopher Nolan

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Tom Berenger, Michael Caine, Pete Postlethwaite, Lukas Hass, Cillian Murphy and Ken Watanabe.

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Your mind is the scene of the crime

Plot: In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.

My Rating: 9.1636/10

Would I watch it again? Oh, yeah!

DO NOT let anyone tell you any plot details. All you need to know is what you see above. It's an intricate story with many levels playing simultaneously and you don't need to know Jack shit going into it. It's a brain fuck, one I've been needing for a long time. I dig this kind of flick. I'm no super genius but I didn't find it difficult to follow at all. Just pay attention and try not to go to the bathroom, period! It's two and a half hours of great storytelling by a man who's proven himself time and time again.

The acting is fantastic. If I ever had doubts about DiCaprio's abilities, which I did some time ago, they're gone. His work of late has gotten better and better. Everyone else steps up to the plate including someone I've never heard of, Tom Hardy. He's a hoot. It looks like he's been tapped to be Mad Max in the 2012 movie. Nice. He'll be great. Another surprise was Cillian Murphy. I had issue with him in the recent Batman movies as The Scarecrow only because he looked way too young and pretty. Shit like that pisses me off but he's lost some of that youthful appearance and he's developing into a good actor.

And as much as I hate to say it, Hans Zimmer's score is very good and atmospheric. I only put it like that because after falling in love with his score for GLADIATOR (1999) I started listening to his back catalog of soundtracks only to find that he'd used those same themes and orchestrations before. Yeah, it sucked the wind out of those sails but it's still a fantastic score.

The final frame is batshit (no pun intended) awesome!!! I'd like to talk about it more but then I'd be here for longer than the film. DO NOT MISS THIS ONE IN THE THEATER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment