Tuesday, November 6, 2007

All the Colors of the Dark (1972)


Dir: Sergio Martino

Starring:George Hilton, Edwige Fenech, Ivan Rassimov

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: They exist. They bear the mark of the devil inside them. They may be your neighbors. They may be your wife, husband, sweetheart. They may even be your children. Their time has come.

Plot: A woman recovering from a car accident in which she lost her unborn child finds herself pursued by a coven of devil worshipers.









My Rating: 5
Would I watch it again? Nope. I'll rather watch the original.



The Italians sure know a good thing when they see it - especially in the theater. This is one of, I'm sure, many ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968) clones that came out in the years following its release. RB kicks ass this one just sits there eating all day, playing video games and occasionally getting up to move. It's the first time, I think, I've seen the beautiful Edwige Fenech (as Jane) in anything. She gets naked - A LOT! That accounts for most of the 5 stars I'm giving it. She's got "crazy nipples" and it's awesome. You'll see...or not.



After a WTF opening credit sequence filled with nutso images in a black room and a travelling bed get ready to sit back and wait...and wait...and wait. Going in I didn't know it was a RB clone. I didn't see it as that until about a third of the way through when you get to meet "the gang" of Satan worshipers. Jane gets mixed up with them and the next thing you know, she's bangin' this guy...






How's that for meet-and-greet? Then a few others, that aren't NEARLY as interesting as this guy, join in and why not? Strange things happen to Jane and it becomes obvious that Satan's kids aren't going to let her escape. Is Richard, her husband, in on it? SPOILERS...no...END OF SPOILERS. That, besides Fenech's beauty, was something I was pleasantly surprised by. Throughout most of the film, because it reminded me so much of RB, I just wanted to shut it off and watch RB. That's not something you want your movie to do. But then again, it's better that it reminded me of a classic movie than that white dog turd I found while walking through the park last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment