Sunday, July 29, 2012

Child's Play 3 (1991)


Director: Jack Bender

Starring: Perry Reeves, Brad Dourif, Jeremy Sylvers, Justin Whalin, Peter Haskell, Travis Fine, Dean Jacobson

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Look who's stalking!

Plot: It's been eight years since the events in the second film, we now see that Andy is a teenager who has been enrolled in a military school. Play Pals Toy Company decides to re-release its Good Guys line, feeling that after all this time, the bad publicity has died down. As they re-used old materials, the spirit of Charles Lee Ray once again comes to life. In his search for Andy, Chucky falls into the hands of a younger boy, and he realizes that it may be easier to transfer his soul into this unsuspecting child. Andy is the only one who knows what Chucky is up to, and it's now up to him to put a stop to it.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Eh, maybe.

Nope. We don't get a Chucky-centric this time, either. Damnit!!! He's the reason why people watch these things. I want some killer doll action. This franchise is getting worse as it goes. They're still kind of worth watching but gee whiz. I dig the opening credit sequence showing us how Chucky gets revived. They can get as crazy as they want on this stuff and I'm down with it. It reminded me of how Hammer used to revive Dracula at the beginning of all of his sequels. I love it. This trip has Chucky going after Andy who is now in military school. YAWN!!! At least we get a Chucky kill in the first 20 minutes. After that fun gore fest it's all downhill. I didn't care for any of the military school business. The only high spots were when Chucky shows up for some sport. I really dug the carnival fun house ending. I'm a sucker for carnivals and fun houses so I was content. Their so alive with all kinds of craziness. Other than that, I was pretty disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment