Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mystics in Bali (1981)


Dir: H. Tjut Djalil

Starring: Indonesians

More Info: IMDB

Plot: The true Story of an AUSTRALIA girl who learns the magic of LEAK BALI. Strange things happen. Yawn.





My Rating: 3/10
Would I Watch it again? I'm sorry I watched it the first time



Damn, this was painful. If you watch the clip from the link above you've seen the best part of the movie. And it's just about the only thing in the movie worth watching. When there aren't any flying heads cruising about eating the babies out of pregnant women (COOL!!!) there's nothing for these characters to do but talk and repeat themselves. What's worse is that there is a lot of dead air between what's spoken. If you can imaging putting in 2 seconds of silence between what you say and wait for someone else you've got a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. It's painful.

If you look at the comments on imdb you'd think this was a classic crappy B-movie from Indonesia. It is but it's only a crappy B-movie from Indonesia. Want to have some REAL fun watching a goofy film from Indonesia then check out THE DEVIL'S SWORD (1984). It's a blast of hilarity from beginning to end.

I would have given this film less of a rating but the "baby-eating flying head" is worth a 3 out of 10. Save some time and money, watch the clip and move along 'cause there's nothing to see here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my fucking god! What the hell? That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. It sure looked like some lesbian oral sex to me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's the best and only part of the movie worth watching. Once you've seen that clip there's no reason catch the rest. Snoozefest.

    ReplyDelete