Thursday, September 20, 2012

Resident Evil (2002)

Director: Paul W.S. Anderson

Starring: Milla Jovovich, Colin Salmon, Michelle Rodriguez, Eric Mabius, James Purefoy, Martin, Crewes, Ryan McCluskey

More info: IMDb

Tagline: A secret experiment. A deadly virus. A fatal mistake.

Plot: A special military unit fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.
My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? No, but I will give the sequels a chance.

Gee whiz, I just watched this a couple of weeks ago and I'm having to skim through the movie now to refresh my memory - not a good sign.  I liked it OK I suppose. Jovovich is definitely the MVP in this flick.  Whenever she has a few moments to kick some zombie ass she's great and fun to watch.  RE is stylish and slick and it's entertaining.  I just didn't find it good-enough-to-re-watch entertaining but Jovovich is interesting enough to check out the sequels.  I was hoping to have gotten through them in time to watch the current film in the theater in 3D but no.  I work too damn much.  Oh, well.  I'm sure there will be a sixth instalment coming our way in the next couple of years.  The mediocrity of it all does make me want to play all of the games in the series because I've got a suspicion that they're better than the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment