Sunday, September 5, 2010

60's Go-Go Chicks Volume 1




Tagline: IT'S A BLAST!

Plot: Two Hours of stark naked gals doing the frug - wherever and whenever they please! Groovin' at sleazy go-go clubs, on table tops, at swingers' parties and in the privacy of their own homes! This volume has dance slips from our archive including scenes from GIRL & THE GEEK, CURSE OF HER FLESH, HOTTER AFTER DARK, HOT JPEARL SNATCH, HOT BLOODED WOMAN, A WILD NIGHT AT THE INTERLUDE and more!

My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Only certain bits

I loves me some go-go dancing and old-time burlesque. This is just a compilation of clips from Something Weird Video's catalog thrown onto a DVD-R. There are two reason to watch one of these, the girls and the music. There are some groovy tunes mixed in here and a lot of 60s lounge, but flute and bongos will only go so far. The girls are fun but there's only so much of mediocre striptease and nude dancing I can take. I need something more. I really appreciate talent and hard work so there are only a few of these clips that are worth watching. My favorite is the last one...








It's 8 minutes of psychedelic beauty. The images (the girls are sped up, looking like early 20th century movies) combined with a terrific psychedelic rock band jam, sounding like a cross between The Velvet Underground and The Doors, make for one trippy scene. It's so powerful that if you stare at it like I did, you'll start to feel like you're tripping. I would recommend this DVD for this 8 minutes scene alone. Absolutely hypnotic!










Then there's an odd curio toward the end that lasts 27 minutes. This guy has his wife of 15 years living in a glass cage where she dances non-stop until it's time to sleep, at which time covers the cage with blankets like you would a bird cage. WTF? Yeah, and he's always talking to her (she never speaks) about how their marriage has gone down the tubes, how all she does is swing and about the old days when they used to swing together. It's odd, to say the least. The most amazing part is that she is almost constantly dancing. It's insane how continuously frenetic her dancing is. She's a freakin' machine! She's amazing to watch and some of the music is fantastic. I wish I knew the name of this film or what it's from.






There are 7 volumes to this series. I'm sure it's just more of the same, but as long as I get at least a couple of great scenes like these, it'll be worth it. Maybe I'll put together my own "best of" after it's all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment