Monday, March 9, 2009

My Name is Bruce (2007)


Director: Bruce Campbell

Starring: Bruce Campbell

More Info: IMDB

Tagline: Fearless! Unstoppable! Ready For His Close-Up!

Plot: B Movie Legend Bruce Campbell is mistaken for his character Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy and forced to fight a real monster in a small town in Oregon.



My Rating: 7/10

Would I watch it again? As sure as I'm a master of making love...the Bruce Campbell way!


Are you a fan of Bruce Campbell? You're going to like it. If not, then you'll hate it. This is basically a love letter to fans of "The Chin" everywhere. It's funny, has some great gags and it loaded with references for even the most die-hard knuckleheads.

"Consider yourself officially exempt from my wrath sweetcakes, and if you're lucky, a little later, I'll let you play with my boomstick."

Like most people, I first became a huge fan of his from the EVIL DEAD films back in the 80s. I dig the guy an awful lot but It's not like I've seen a bunch of his films. MANIAC COP (1988) and BUBBA HO-TEP (2002) were great as was the short-lived TV series, THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY JR (1993). From what I've heard, most of what he's starred in outside of those isn't good. That won't shy me away from a Bruce movie. I'm not afraid.

"Hey! A MILF is a MILF!"

Bruce plays himself, sort of, here and he's his usually Bruce self just oozing with sarcasm and charm. If you took Bruce out of the film it'd be OK at best but he's the real reason the film works and why it even exists in the first place.


It's amazing that with the fan base and cult they've built around him, why isn't he a bigger star? He's so likeable, funny and handsome that it's astonishing that the films he stars in are often low quality, low budget productions that shouldn't have been made in the first place. But then again, 99% of actors the world over would probably kill to have the limited success he's had. I would, if for no other reason than to have his looks from 20 years ago. Just think of the damage I could do with that chin...



No comments:

Post a Comment